Who is this article for?
CrashPlan for Small Business, no.
Code42 for Enterprise, yes.
Link: Product plans and features.
This article outlines the hardware and software requirements for components of your Code42 cloud environment.
Administration console requirements
- Minimum resolution: 1024x768
- Web browser:
- Chrome (most recent)
- Firefox (most recent)
- Internet Explorer 11 (on Windows)
- Microsoft Edge (most recent, on Windows)
- Safari (most recent, on Mac, Linux)
The administration console does not support mobile web browsers.
End user application requirements
The system specifications listed below are the minimum requirements needed to successfully install the Code42 app. Devices on unsupported operating systems may be unable to upgrade to the most recent Code42 app version.
To avoid security risks, keep your operating system updated.
Windows operating systems:
Mac operating systems:
Linux operating systems:1
1 The Code42 app supports extended update support (EUS) versions of Red Hat Enterprise Linux and long-term support (LTS) versions of Ubuntu. Currently, EUS versions of Red Hat Enterprise Linux and LTS versions of Ubuntu use glibc 2.27 or earlier.
The Code42 app requires a graphical user interface (GUI) for use on all operating systems. The app's desktop UI typically requires a screen area at least 960 pixels wide by 780 pixels high. Some systems may be able to display it as small as 900 pixels by 680 pixels.
Code42 app ports
The Code42 app uses two to four outbound ports. In firewalls that protect your devices and the LANs where they reside:
- Open 4287 for outbound messages to the Code42 cloud authority server.
- Open port 443 for outbound messages to storage servers.
- For IP addresses of storage servers, contact Code42 for Enterprise support.
- The Code42 app and the Code42 service run on the same device.
Open port 4243 only if your firewalls otherwise block connections from localhost to localhost.
- If the default port 4243 is in use when the Code42 app installs, the app uses some other available port. See the app.log file.
- To enable the optional web restore function, open port 4285 for outbound messages from browsers to Code42 cloud storage servers.
|TCP||LANs||Code42 cloud||Communication from the device to the Code42 cloud|
|443||TCP||LANs||Code42 cloud storage servers||Communication from the device to storage in the Code42 cloud|
|4243||TCP||Localhost||Localhost||Default port for Code42 app connection to the Code42 service|
|4285||TCP||Browsers in LANs||
|For the optional web restore function|