Who is this article for?
CrashPlan for Small Business, no.
Code42 for Enterprise, yes.
Link: Product plans and features.
This article outlines the hardware and software requirements for components of your Code42 cloud environment.
Administration console requirements
- Minimum resolution: 1024x768
- Web browser:
- Chrome (most recent)
- Firefox (most recent)
- Internet Explorer 11 (on Windows)
- Microsoft Edge (most recent, on Windows)
- Safari (most recent, on Mac, Linux)
The administration console does not support mobile web browsers.
End user application requirements
The system specifications listed below are the minimum requirements needed to successfully install the Code42 app. Devices on unsupported operating systems may be unable to upgrade to the most recent Code42 app version.
To avoid security risks, keep your operating system updated.
Windows operating systems:
Mac operating systems:
Linux operating systems:1
1 The Code42 app supports extended update support (EUS) versions of Red Hat Enterprise Linux and long-term support (LTS) versions of Ubuntu. Currently, EUS versions of Red Hat Enterprise Linux and LTS versions of Ubuntu use glibc 2.27 or earlier.
The Code42 app requires a graphical user interface (GUI) for use on all operating systems. The app's desktop UI typically requires a screen area at least 960 pixels wide by 780 pixels high. Some systems may be able to display it as small as 900 pixels by 680 pixels.
Code42 app ports
||Communication from the device to the Code42 cloud|
|443||TCP||LANs||Storage servers||Communication from the device Code42 cloud storage|
|4243||TCP||Localhost||Localhost||Default port for Code42 app connection to the Code42 service|
|4285||TCP||Browsers in LANs||Storage servers||For the optional web restore function|
Code42 IP addresses
Code42 uses the following IP addresses. This information is subject to change, and we recommend that you subscribe to our announcements page in the Code42 Community to learn about upcoming changes to IP addresses. See the table below for the revision history of this article.
Code42 IP Addresses 126.96.36.199/21 188.8.131.52/21 184.108.40.206/21 220.127.116.11/23 18.104.22.168/24 22.214.171.124/24 126.96.36.199/24 188.8.131.52/24 184.108.40.206/24 220.127.116.11/24
- If you sign in to the Code42 administration console at https://www.crashplan.com/console, your Code42 environment uses:
- Only the Code42 IP addresses above
- If you sign in to the Code42 administration console at https://console.us.code42.com/console or https://console.ie.code42.com/console, your Code42 environment uses:
- The Code42 IP addresses above, and
- IP addresses managed by Amazon Web Services (AWS). For the list of current IP address ranges, see AWS's documentation.
|Code42 administration console URL||AWS Region|
Amazon IP addresses are highly dynamic across a very large range, so consider instead whitelisting the