Who is this article for?
Incydr Professional and Enterprise, no.
Incydr Basic and Advanced, yes.
CrashPlan Cloud, yes.
Other product plans, yes.
CrashPlan for Small Business, no.
This article applies to Code42 cloud environments.
Other available versions:
A legal hold matter's Activity page displays events that occur within a legal hold. This tutorial explains how to view the events Code42 captures for a legal hold matter.
Before you begin
- A legal hold must already have been created and configured.
- Only users that have the Org Legal Admin or Cross Org Legal Admin role are able to view legal hold activity.
When you collect files from a custodian on legal hold, that action appears on the activity screen of the Legal Hold web app 24 hours later.
- Sign in to the Code42 console.
- Navigate to legal hold matters.
- Incydr or Code42 for Enterprise: Select Administration > Legal Hold > Matters.
- CrashPlan for Enterprise: Select Legal Hold > Matters.
- Click the name of the legal hold matter that you want to view.
- Click Activity.
Scrolling down displays more events.
Code42 records the following events:
- Legal hold creation
- Legal hold deactivation
- Legal hold reactivation
- Adding a custodian to a legal hold
- Deactivation of a custodian
- Reactivation of a custodian
- Collection of files from a legal hold
Although collection events display, the names of the files collected are not shown.