Who is this article for?
CrashPlan for Enterprise, yes.
Code42 for Enterprise, yes.
CrashPlan for Small Business, no.
This article applies to Code42 cloud environments.
This tutorial explains how to search Audit Log events in the Code42 console. The Code42 Audit Log is a record that shows who did what and when in the Code42 environment.
See these other articles for more information about the Audit Log:
- You must have the Audit Log Viewer or Customer Cloud Admin role to work with the Audit Log.
- The Audit Log records events for only the last 90 days. If you want to maintain Audit Log output for longer than that time, you can export the results and store them in your own systems.
- While there is no limit to the number of events recorded in Audit Log, you can export only a maximum of 100,000 events at once. You can filter events to reduce the number below 100,000. To export a set of results greater than 100,000, adjust your filters to reduce the number of events in any given call to be below 100,000, then make multiple calls to export the entire set of events.
Access the Audit Log
- Sign in to the Code42 console.
- Go to Administration > Status > Audit Log.
Filter Audit Log events
- Click Filter .
- (Optional) Enter the Code42 Username to show events associated with a specific Code42 username. Use commas to separate multiple usernames.
- (Optional) Select the User type to show events associated with either your Code42 users or Code42 support users who are given support access.
- Select the Date Range to show events for the last day, 7 days, or 30 days. Alternatively, select Custom to enter start and end dates.
- Select an Event type from the available categories.
- (Optional) Enter an IP address to show events by a specific public IP address involved in the event. Use commas to separate multiple IP addresses.
- Click Apply.
Events are filtered. The filters display above the events list.
Export Audit Log events to CSV
Click Export to export the filtered events listed in the Audit Log to a comma-separated values (CSV) file. Any filters that are applied are shown above the Audit Log list. Click the X on a filter to remove that filter from the exported results.
For directions to export to CEF, CSV, or JSON format with the Code42 API, see Search Audit Log events with the Code42 API.