Who is this article for?
Incydr Professional and Enterprise, no.
Incydr Basic and Advanced, yes.
CrashPlan Cloud, yes.
Other product plans, yes.
CrashPlan for Small Business, no.
This article applies to Code42 cloud environments.
Other available versions:
After deactivating users or devices, their backup archives remain in cold storage. The length of the cold storage retention period depends on your deployment model. This article describes how to remove cold storage archives.
Reasons to purge archives
The Code42 cloud removes archives from cold storage automatically, based on the setting for your cold storage retention period. You may want to purge cold storage sooner than the scheduled removal process if you want to reallocate user subscriptions.
Purging an archive from cold storage removes that archive permanently, and its data is unrecoverable.
There are two types of archives that appear in cold storage: Backup and Security. These archives consume subscriptions differently:
Backup archives consume a subscription while in cold storage. Purging Backup archives increases the number of subscriptions available in your Code42 environment.
Security archives do not consume a subscription when in cold storage. Purging Security archives has no effect on the number of available subscriptions.
- Once a user's archives are purged, the associated subscription becomes available for other users after the Daily Accounting job runs. By default, this job runs every 24 hours.
- If you purge a user's archive, and the user has another active archive, the user continues to consume a subscription.
Follow these steps to purge archives stored in the Code42 cloud.
- Sign in to the Code42 console.
- Select Administration > Environment > Organizations.
- Stay on the Active tab or select Deactivated.
- Select an organization.
- Click the value under Cold.
Note: If the amount shows 0MB, there may still be an empty archive in cold storage.
- Use the checkboxes to select the archives you want to purge from cold storage.
- From the action menu in the upper-left, select Purge Archive.
- Click OK to permanently delete the archive.
Once a user's archives are purged, the associated subscription becomes available for other users within 24 hours.