Who is this article for?
CrashPlan for Small Business, no.
Code42 for Enterprise, yes.
Link: Product plans and features.
This article applies to Code42 cloud environments.
Other available versions:
This article describes how to remove or assign user roles to specific Code42 accounts so you can set up role-based access control for your Code42 environment. Managing who has access to Code42 resources is an important security aspect of any Code42 environment.
Code42 includes a pre-existing set of user roles or privileges that can be applied to user accounts. These built-in user roles include a fine-grained set of permissions to ensure users only have access to the resources they need.
Only users with the Customer Cloud Admin role can assign roles to other users.
Assign role to specific user
To assign a role to a specific user, follow the steps below.
- Navigate to the User Details view.
- From the Action Menu, select Edit.
- Select the Roles tab.
- From the Available Roles list, select the role you'd like assigned to the user.
- Click the right facing arrow to add the selected role.
- Select Update User to save your changes.
The available standard roles, as well as the permissions, limitations, scope of permissions, and recommended use cases for each are described in Roles reference.
For details about the specific permissions held by each role, review them in the Code42 console. To access role information:
- Navigate to Administration > Users > Active.
- Click a user row to open the user details page.
- Select Edit from the action menu in the upper-right corner.
- Click the Roles tab.