Who is this article for?
CrashPlan for Enterprise, yes.
Code42 for Enterprise, yes.
CrashPlan for Small Business, no.
This article applies to Code42 cloud environments.
Other available versions:
This article describes how to remove or assign user roles to specific Code42 accounts so you can set up role-based access control for your Code42 environment. Managing who has access to Code42 resources is an important security aspect of any Code42 environment.
Code42 includes a pre-existing set of user roles or privileges that can be applied to user accounts. These built-in user roles include a fine-grained set of permissions to ensure users only have access to the resources they need.
Assign role to specific user
To assign a role to a specific user, follow the steps below.
- Navigate to the User Details view.
- From the action menu, select Edit.
- Select the Roles tab.
- From the Available Roles list, select the role you'd like assigned to the user.
- Click the right arrow to add the selected role to the user's Current Roles list.
- Select Update User to save your changes.
The available standard roles, as well as the permissions, limitations, scope of permissions, and recommended use cases for each are described in Roles reference.
For details about the specific permissions held by each role, review them in the Code42 console. To access role information:
- Navigate to Administration > Users > Active.
- Click a user row to open the user details page.
- Select Edit from the action menu in the upper-right corner.
- Click the Roles tab.
Administrator role assignment email
When you assign a Code42 administrator role to a user, all Customer Cloud Admin users receive an email with details of the assignment. You can ignore the email if you made the role assignment. If another administrator made the role assignment, review the information in the email carefully to ensure the user is authorized to have the permissions the role provides.
The email includes:
- The Code42 username of the person assigned the administrator role
- The role assigned
- The Code42 organization the assignee belongs to
- The date and time of the role assignment
- The Code42 username of the person who made the role assignment
The email is sent to Customer Cloud Admin users when the following administrator roles are assigned: