Who is this article for?
CrashPlan for Enterprise, no.
Code42 for Enterprise, yes.
CrashPlan for Small Business, no.
This article applies to Code42 cloud environments.
Code42 Forensic Search allows security teams to monitor and investigate potential file exfiltration activity and provides detailed visibility about files:
- Stored on user devices, including files not selected for backup
- Stored in cloud services, such as Google Drive and Microsoft OneDrive
- Sent as email attachments in Microsoft Office 365 and Gmail
This page lists essential resources for everything from initial configuration to advanced API integrations.
Learn how to configure File Metadata Collection in your environment and start investigating user activity with Forensic Search.
- Enable File Metadata Collection (formerly Forensic File Search)
- Search file activity with Forensic Search
- Forensic Search use cases
- Training course: Forensic Search
These articles provide detailed descriptions of every component of the search interface.
These guides show you how to use Code42 to protect your data.
Add data sources
In addition to indexing endpoint file metadata, Code42 can also monitor cloud sync destinations and email providers.
The Code42 API provides powerful capabilities for advanced search and configuration options.