To help protect you from data loss, you can use Code42 to monitor files moving to and from cloud services (for example, Box, Google Drive, and OneDrive), or attachments sent through email services (such as Office 365 Outlook). You can also connect other systems or workflows to Code42 via automated integrations, speeding the process for detecting, investigating, and responding to insider risks.
This article provides a brief introduction to adding data connections and configuring automated integrations.
- You can register a Google Workspace (formerly G Suite) or Microsoft 365 account in a single Code42 environment only:
- Once as a cloud service, to monitor file movement in Google Drive or OneDrive locations
- Once as an email service, to monitor file attachments emailed from Gmail or Office 365 Outlook accounts
- You can only register a Google Workspace or Microsoft 365 account for one Code42 environment at a time. For example, you cannot register a OneDrive cloud service in one Code42 environment and an Office 365 DLP email service in another Code42 environment when both belong to the same Microsoft 365 account.
- You can register two (or more) unique Google Workspace or Microsoft 365 accounts as long as these accounts are not associated in any way.
- Code42 only monitors one domain in a Google Workspace account even though multiple domains may exist in that account. Code42 monitors only the domain associated with the administrator email address that was used to register the Google Drive or Gmail service.
- Cloud and email service connections are not available in the Code42 federal environment.
Before you begin
Code42 automated integrations require setup from Code42 Professional Services. Contact your Customer Success Manager (CSM) to engage the Code42 Professional Services team and get started.
Connect cloud or email services
You can add cloud services and email services in the Code42 console from Administration > Integrations > Data Connections.
When you add a cloud service as a data connection, we monitor the service to capture when a user:
- Creates or uploads a file
- Shares a link to a file
- Shares a file directly with users inside or outside your organization
- Deletes a file
- Modifies a file's contents, name, or location
The following cloud services are available to add:
Configure automated integrations
Code42 automated integrations require setup from Code42 Professional Services. Once Code42 Professional Services adds your automated integrations, they appear in the Data Connections list. See Configure automated integrations for instructions on next steps.
After connecting cloud or email services
Once you add a cloud service or email service, file information collected from that service is available in Code42 and can be searched in Forensic Search, included in alert rules and notifications, and displayed on the Risk Exposure dashboard and in the User Profile.
If you want to stop collecting data from a cloud or email service, deauthorize it.
After configuring automated integrations
The ways you can automate workflows depend on the systems you choose to integrate Code42 with. See Configure automated integrations for sample use cases, or contact your Customer Success Manager (CSM) for more information.