Who is this article for?
CrashPlan for Enterprise, no.
Code42 for Enterprise, yes.
CrashPlan for Small Business, no.
This article applies to Code42 cloud environments.
Other available versions:
This article describes how to disable endpoint monitoring. These steps are only required for reversing the process of enabling endpoint monitoring.
You must have the Customer Cloud Admin role to disable endpoint monitoring for your organization or your Code42 environment.
Step 1: Disable endpoint monitoring for organizations
Disable endpoint monitoring for each organization in your Code42 environment using the Code42 console.
- Sign in to the Code42 console.
- Go to Administration > Environment > Organizations.
- Select an organization.
- From the action menu, choose Edit.
- Select Endpoint Monitoring.
- Deselect Inherit settings from parent, if necessary.
- Deselect one or more detection types to disable them.
- Click Save to immediately apply your changes to all devices in this organization and all of its inheriting child organizations.
Step 2: Unlock archive encryption key settings (optional)
Locking your archive encryption key settings is necessary to use endpoint monitoring. Once you have disabled endpoint monitoring, you may choose to unlock the archive encryption key settings.
This step simply returns your Code42 environment to its previous state; it is not required as a step to disable endpoint monitoring.