Use the Authentication tab on the organization details screen to configure the authentication provider settings that control how users log into the Code42 console.
For more information on how to configure an organization's authentication settings in Incydr Basic and Advanced, CrashPlan Cloud, and other plans, see the description of the Security tab in Organizations reference.
Before you begin
If your organization uses an identity management provider (IdP) to authenticate users, you must first set up Code42 with that third-party identity provider. For more information, see Identity management.
Configure authentication provider settings
- Select Administration > Environment > Organizations.
- Click the organization in the table for which you want to configure authentication provider settings.
- On the Authentication tab, click Edit in the Authentication Provider section.
- If applicable, use the slider to identify whether the organization inherits these settings from its parent organization.
This slider configures the organization to take on the security settings of the organization defaults (for top-level or system-wide organizations) or its parent organization. When enabled, settings must be edited at the top-level organization default or parent organization level. This slider is not available for the top-level organization.
- Select the Authentication method.
- Local: Users authenticate against the local Code42 platform directory.
- SSO: Users authenticate against one of the offered identity providers.
- If you selected SSO as the Authentication method, select the authentication provider to use to authenticate users.
This list shows the authentication providers you have already configured in the Code42 console. If no providers are configured, you're prompted to add one. For more information on how to configure Incydr for use with identity management providers, see Identity management.
- Click Save.