The Risk Exposure dashboard provides a look into the different types of file activity occurring across your Code42 environment, including high risk and departing employees as well as employees that have the most file activity. Use this dashboard to quickly identify when unusual activity is happening so that you can investigate further.
This article provides an overview of the Risk Exposure dashboard and links to learn more about each of the major areas.
Add Trusted Domains in Data Preferences to hide file events that occur on domains you trust. Adding trusted domains helps focus your investigation on file activity that may be a higher risk. File activity on a specific domain is only considered trusted starting the date the domain was added. You can view all file activity, including events that occur on your trusted domains, in Forensic Search.
- Feature visibility:
- Contact your Customer Success Manager (CSM) for assistance with licensing. If you don't know who your CSM is, email email@example.com.
File events for Forensic Search and Alerts typically appear within 15 minutes of the file activity, while file events in the Risk Exposure dashboard and the User Profile may take up to an hour to appear. As a result, you may see that the file event counts in alert notifications and Forensic Search differ from the event counts in the Risk Exposure dashboard and the Departing Employees and High Risk Employees User Profiles.
The Risk Exposure dashboard
To view, sign in to the Code42 console. Click the logo in the upper-left to return to the Risk Exposure dashboard at any time.
Click one of the links below for more information about that corresponding area:
- Risk detection list summaries - employees on a risk detection list that have recently had possible exfiltration events
- Top users by file activity - list of users with the most file activity across your Code42 environment
- Destination activity over time - all of the file events that occurred across your organization by destination
- File categories - all of the file events that occurred across your organization by file category group