Who is this article for?
Incydr Professional and Enterprise, no.
Incydr Basic and Advanced, yes.
CrashPlan Cloud, yes.
Other product plans, yes.
CrashPlan for Small Business, no.
This article applies to Code42 cloud environments.
The early December 2020 update to the Code42 console introduces a new and improved navigation menu, which makes using the Code42 console easier than ever before. This article guides you through the major changes in the Code42 console.
- The Code42 console changes happen automatically, with no action required on your part. An option to revert to the previous navigation interface is not available.
- The changes you see in the Code42 console vary depending on your product plan. Contact your Customer Success Manager (CSM) for assistance with licensing, or to upgrade to the Incydr Advanced product plan for a free trial. If you do not know your CSM, please contact our Customer Champions.
Code42 console changes
The navigation menu now appears across the top of the screen, providing access to all the components of your environment. The horizontal orientation of menu items increases the area in which to view insider risk data. In addition to menu items now appearing across the screen, some screens are grouped in new ways for enhanced usability.
The logo that corresponds with your product plan appears in the top left corner of the screen. Click the logo to access your dashboard.
Previously found within the Investigation menu, User Activity now appears as a primary menu item, giving you quicker and easier access to the User Profile, High Risk Employees list, and Departing Employees list.
The Alerts menu gives you access to view alerts and manage alert rules, just like in the previous navigation structure.
If your product plan includes Cases, a new Cases menu item appears in the top navigation menu. Previously, Cases appeared within the Response menu.
Previously under the Investigation menu, Forensic Search now appears as a primary menu, giving you quicker and easier access to Search and Saved Searches. These options now appear as menu options, rather than as tabs on the Forensic Search screen.
In the updated Code42 console navigation, the Administration menu is expanded with additional options for managing and configuring your Code42 environment.
- Items in Administration are grouped into categories for easy navigation. You can easily switch between categories using the secondary navigation bar.
- Search for users, organizations, or devices using the Search box on the right, available from within the Administration section.
The following options are available from Administration > Environment:
- Data Preferences
- Support Access
Data Preferences, Support Access, and Keystore were previously found in Administration > Settings.
On the Organizations, Users, and Devices screens, options such as Active and Deactivated now appear across the top of the screen.
The following options are available from Administration > Client Management:
- App Downloads
The following options are available from Administration > Legal Hold:
- Preservations Policies
Depending on your product plan, Legal Hold may appear as a primary menu item.
The following options are available from Administration > Status:
- Endpoint Dashboard (Incydr Advanced and Gov F1 product plans only)
- Backup Usage: This option was previously listed as Usage under Administration > Dashboards.
- Audit Log: This option previously appeared under Reporting and is now separated for easier access.
- Reporting: Access the Organization Backup, User Backup, and Device Status reports from this option.
The following options are available from Administration > Integrations:
- Identity Management: This option was previously found under Settings.
- Data Connections: This option was previously labeled Data Sources, found under Investigation.
This menu item only appears for retired product plans. Previously found in the Investigation menu, the following items now appear in the Security menu.
- Activity Notifications
- User Activity
A new Announcements menu is available, from which you can easily access the latest Release Notes, Customer Toolkit Resources, and University Training.