The Code42 administration console is the browser-based environment you use to view, manage, monitor, and configure your Code42 environment. This tutorial describes the basics of the administration console.
Access the administration console
To access the Code42 cloud administration console:
- Use a supported web browser to visit https://crashplan.com/console.
- Enter your Code42 username and password.
The administration console dashboard appears.
The content and options displayed in the administration console are determined by the user role of the signed-in user. An administrator is allowed full access to configure all aspects of the Code42 environment, while end users only receive access to settings related directly to their individual devices and accounts.
Administration console basics
Menus and general navigation
Columns and lists
- Sort any column by clicking the column title.
- Column widths are adjustable, and the width settings are remembered across sessions.
- To reset default column widths, double-click the heading above the columns (for example, "User Overview").
- Real-time scrolling dynamically loads data as you scroll through the data set, making it easy to manage large lists.
Administration console toolbar
The Account menu provides options for viewing your account profile and customizing the administration console language.
|My Profile||Displays summary information about your backup, restores, and the location of your devices. The action menu contains commands to edit your profile and view deactivated devices.|
Specifies the locale the administration console displays. This sets the displayed language and date format. When you specify a locale from the toolbar, the chosen locale is set via a cookie within your current browser. View available locales.
|Code42.com||Links to the Code42 website.|
|Sign out||Signs the current user out of the administration console.|
The Help button launches support documentation at support.code42.com.
The navigation menu on the left provides access to settings for all components of your Code42 environment. Click any link in the table below to learn more about a specific component.
Enter text to search for users, devices, organizations, servers, destinations, and plans in your Code42 environment. You can enter a full or partial first or last name, email address, device guid, device name, or organization name (Code42 for Enterprise only).
Matching results appear below the search text box. Click any result to view the relevant details.
|Dashboard||Displays high-level summary information about backup status, storage, and users.|
|Organizations are the Code42 environment's way of grouping users. You can configure different organizations to use different settings.|
|Users||Manage users, their devices, add new users, and manage roles.|
|Devices||View all devices and manage device details and settings.|
|App Downloads||Manage the client versions that are available for download.|
|Client Management||Deploy Code42 apps for installation and manage customization templates for co-branding, login field labels, and in-app messaging.|
|View your registration key and current subscription status (current subscriptions, subscriptions in use).|
|Security Center||Monitor user activity and view activity notifications.|
|Legal Hold||Create and manage preservation policies, place users (custodians) in your Code42 environment on legal hold, and collect data.|
|Reporting||Run reports to address common problems and answer questions about users and devices in your Code42 environment.|
Settings in the administration console
For settings in the administration console that impact user devices, there are three options for applying settings: save, push, and lock.
- Saving a setting applies it for new devices in the future. Saving settings does not affect any existing devices.
- Pushing a setting changes it on user devices, but still allows users to change the setting later.
- Locking a setting pushes it out to user devices and also prevents users from changing the setting later.
|Applies changes to future devices||Applies changes to existing devices||Allows users to change settings|
Your Code42 environment can hold many organizations, and each organization (called parent organizations) can contain other organizations (called child organizations). Each organization is visible in the administration console at Organizations. By default, each new organization inherits the settings of its parent organization.
From the action menu, select Edit to enable or disable inheritance for an organization.
- When you disable inheritance for an organization, that organization (and any child organizations belonging to that organization) will not receive existing or new settings from the parent organization.
- All newly-created organizations inherit all settings from their parent organizations by default.
- Inheritance can be enabled or disabled for groups of settings, such as settings for Destinations, Security, and so on.
- If you re-enable inheritance for an organization, any unique settings are lost and replaced by the parent organization's settings when you click Save.
- Depending on the settings you have configured in your own Code42 environment, enabling or disabling inheritance can apply settings that may lead to data loss, such as disk quotas or cold storage settings.
In addition to the graphical user interface of the administration console, you can also interact with your Code42 environment through a command-line interface (CLI). To access the command-line interface:
- Double-click the logo in the upper left corner.
The command-line interface appears.
- Enter commands at the top of the command-line interface.
- Review the output below.
See the Administration console command-line interface reference for additional details and a complete list of available commands.
Command-line interface for Code42 app devices
Use the administration console device command line to send commands to Code42 app devices that are currently online.
To open the administration console command-line interface for Code42 app devices:
- Locate the device in the administration console.
- Click the device to view its details.
- Double-click the operating system icon above the device's name.
The administration console can send any command that is available within the Code42 app.
The administration console is available in the following languages:
|Chinese Traditional||中文 - 台灣|
|English (United Kingdom)||English (United Kingdom)|
|English (United States)||English (United States)|
|Portuguese (Brazil)||Português (Brasil)|
|Spanish (Latin America)||Español (América Latina)|
|Spanish (Spain)||Español (España)|