Who is this article for?
CrashPlan for Enterprise, yes.
Code42 for Enterprise, yes.
CrashPlan for Small Business, no.
This article applies to on-premises authority servers.
In version 4.2.0 and later, performing a web restore from the Code42 console requires an additional permission, plan.read. Users with custom roles that do not include the permission plan.read are unable to restore data from the Code42 console.
The issue only occurs when all of the following conditions are met:
- You created custom roles in a Code42 environment earlier than version 4.2.
- You upgraded your Code42 environment to version 4.2 or later.
- You did not add the plan.read permission to the custom roles you made before the upgrade.
To allow users to restore from the Code42 console, add the permission plan.read to their custom roles.
- Sign in to your Code42 console.
- Navigate to Settings > Security > Roles.
- For each custom role in your Code42 environment, add the permission plan.read:
- Select the custom role.
- Click .
- Select plan.read.
- Click Save.