Who is this article for?
CrashPlan for Small Business, no.
Code42 for Enterprise, yes.
Link: Product plans and features.
This article applies to versions 6 and 7.
This article describes a known issue with upgrades to Code42 app versions 6.0.0, 6.0.1, 6.0.2, 6.0.3 and 6.5.0 for Windows devices where the system-wide language is set to something other than English. Devices with a non-English language only at the user level are not affected.
- Windows devices upgrading to Code42 app versions 6.0.0, 6.0.1, 6.0.2, 6.0.3 or 6.5.0 with a non-English system language
This issue is resolved in Code42 app versions 6.0.4 and 6.5.1. Code42 recommends upgrading to these versions.
- Windows devices using English as the system language
- Windows devices where the system language is English but the user-display language is non-English
- Mac and Linux devices
Upgrade to Code42 app version 6.0.4 or 6.5.1, both of which correct this issue.
Follow the steps below to recover a non-English device that did not upgrade successfully, or to upgrade the Code42 app on your devices manually only if you are unable to upgrade to Code42 app version 6.0.4 or 6.5.1.
Recover a non-English device that failed to upgrade
If a device with a non-English system language already attempted to upgrade and failed, the device might not currently be protected by Code42. Follow the steps below to make sure the previous version of the Code42 app restarts and continues to protect the device.
Re-enable automatic upgrades for English devices
Code42 app versions 6.0.3 and 6.5.0 are not available in the administration console App Downloads screen.
However, for devices using English as the system language, you can follow the steps below to add Code42 app version 6.0.3 to the App Downloads screen and proceed with automatic device upgrades. Upgrades to Code42 app version 6.5.0 are not available; upgrade to 6.5.1 instead.
Manually re-install on non-English devices
Devices with a non-English system language can still run Code42 app versions 6.0.3 and 6.5.0. However, instead of performing an upgrade, you must uninstall and reinstall the app:
- Download the Code42 app installer(s) appropriate for your Code42 environment:
- Use a device management tool like System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) to uninstall the current version of the Code42 app and reinstall the newly downloaded version. Alternatively, you can manually uninstall and reinstall the app on each device.