Who is this article for?
Incydr Professional and Enterprise, no.
Incydr Basic and Advanced, no.
CrashPlan Cloud, no.
Other product plans, yes.
CrashPlan for Small Business, no.
This article applies to on-premises authority servers.
After upgrading to Code42 server version 6.7.2, users attempting to sign in to the Code42 app on a new device may see the error message "Unable to sign in." This can occur if the Remove deleted files version retention setting in the Code42 console is locked and set to Never. To correct this issue, follow the steps below to temporarily unlock and update the Remove deleted files setting.
Code42 environments that meet all of the following criteria:
- Use an on-premises authority server that upgraded to Code42 server version 6.7.2 from a previous version.
- Prevent users from changing version retention settings by locking them in the Code42 console.
- Never changed the Remove deleted files setting from its default value of Never.
To enable users to sign in to the Code42 app on new devices:
- Sign in to the Code42 console and navigate to the device backup settings:
- To update all organizations, select Settings > Device Backup.
- To update a single organization:
- Select Organizations > Active.
- Select an organization.
- From the action menu in the upper-right, select Device Backup Defaults.
- Select the Backup or Backup Sets tab.
- In the Frequency and versions section, click the lock icon to unlock the version retention settings.
If there isn't a lock icon, go to the General tab and deselect Use device defaults from parent.
- Move the Remove deleted files slider from Never to Every year.
- Click Save, then immediately complete the remaining steps to eliminate the extremely unlikely chance that any device could start archive maintenance with this temporary setting.
- Move the Remove deleted files slider back to Never.
- Click the lock icon to re-lock the setting.
If you deselected Use device defaults from parent in step 4 above, reselect it.
- Click Save.