This article explains how to interpret and respond to the following alert.
The table below displays where the alert appears and where it can be configured.
|"Server version is not the same as the master: storage server name, version = version"||Delivered by email and to the Alerts Overview of the administration console|
|"Server version conflict"||Settings > Notifications of the administration console|
Low - this alert indicates a condition that should ideally be corrected, although it does not pose an immediate threat to user data, system security, or service availability.
This alert is triggered when the versions of the Code42 environment running on the authority server and a storage server do not match. The identity of the affected server, and the version of the Code42 environment, is given in the alert.
- Storage server and authority server cannot communicate
- Storage server and authority server cannot sync
- Users cannot backup or restore to the affected storage server
- Users cannot sync files, plans, and events to the affected storage server
To resolve this alert:
Acknowledge the alert
An alert appears in the administration console's list of active alerts until someone dismisses it. To dismiss an alert:
- (Version 6.5 and later) Go to Active Alerts, select the alert, then go to the action menu and choose Dismiss.
- (Before version 6.5) Go to Alerts Overview, select the alert, then go to the action menu and choose Acknowledge.