Who is this article for?
CrashPlan for Small Business, no.
Code42 for Enterprise, yes.
Link: Product plans and features.
This article explains how to interpret and respond to the following alert.
The table below displays where the alert appears and where it can be configured.
|"Problem with connection to LDAP server: server URL"||Delivered by email and to the Alerts Overview of the administration console|
|"LDAP connection problem"||Settings > Notifications of the administration console|
Warning - although this alert indicates a serious issue that should be addressed, it does not pose an immediate risk of data loss, security breach, or service interruption. If the problem is not corrected, however, more severe problems could occur.
This alert is triggered when the authority server is unable to connect to a configured LDAP server.
Before you begin
To resolve this alert:
- Note the hostname or IP address of the LDAP server affected, as given by the alert
- Check the status of the LDAP server:
- Is the server powered on?
- Can you ping the LDAP server from the command line of the authority server?
- Is the LDAP server process running?
- Check your authority server's LDAP configuration from Server > Settings > Security > LDAP
Acknowledge the alert
An alert appears in the administration console's list of active alerts until someone dismisses it. To dismiss an alert:
- (Version 6.5 and later) Go to Active Alerts, select the alert, then go to the action menu and choose Dismiss.
- (Before version 6.5) Go to Alerts Overview, select the alert, then go to the action menu and choose Acknowledge.