Who is this article for?
CrashPlan for Enterprise, yes.
Code42 for Enterprise, yes.
CrashPlan for Small Business, no.
This article applies to on-premises authority servers.
These articles provide summaries of the alerts that can be generated by your Code42 environment, as well as what steps to take to respond to the alerts.
- Active SSO identity provider removed from federation
- Admin password unchanged
- Alert recipients missing
- Corrupt archive
- Database export failure
- Database restore cleanup needed
- Destination is offline
- Device backup critical
- Device backup warning
- Directory sync deactivate
- Email expired
- Job failed
- LDAP connection problem
- Mail server connection problem
- Provider destination stopped accepting application
- RADIUS connection problem
- Scheduled Job: Service Provider Certificate Renewal on server has failed
- Server offline
- Server version conflict
- SSO identity provider metadata URL unavailable
- SSO IDP does not support HTTP POST
- SSO IDP metadata parse failure
- SSO username attribute not found
- Store point offline
- Store point space critical
- Store point space warning
- Unable to contact Code42 licensing server