Who is this article for?
CrashPlan for Enterprise, yes.
Code42 for Enterprise, yes.
CrashPlan for Small Business, no.
This article applies to on-premises authority servers.
Other available versions:
The Legal Hold web app's Activity page displays events that occur within a legal hold. This tutorial explains how to view the events captured by the Legal Hold web app.
Before you begin
- A legal hold must already have been created and configured.
- Only users that have the following roles are able to view legal hold activity:
- All Org Legal Admin (version 6.5.x and later in Code42 environments with an authority server
- Legal Admin (version 6.0.x and earlier)
- Org Legal Admin (this role can only restore files for users within the administrator's organization and its child organizations)
- SYSADMIN (Code42 environments with an authority server only)
- A custom role with appropriate permissions. Users with the legalhold permission are able to view all legal holds. Copy a Legal Admin role to create an appropriate role.
When you collect files from a custodian on legal hold, that action appears on the activity screen of the Legal Hold web app 24 hours later.
- Sign in to the Code42 console on your authority server.
- Navigate to the Legal Hold web app:
- (Version 6.5.x and later) Choose Legal Hold from the left menu.
- (Version 6.0.x and earlier) From the application selector in the upper-right of the administration console toolbar, choose Legal Hold.
- Click the name of the legal hold that you want to view.
- Click Activity.
Scrolling down displays more events.
The Legal Hold web app records the following events:
- Legal hold creation
- Legal hold deactivation
- Legal hold reactivation
- Adding a custodian to a legal hold
- Deactivation of a custodian
- Reactivation of a custodian
- Collection of files from a legal hold
Although collection events display, the names of the files collected are not shown. To determine the files downloaded, use the appropriate Code42 API.