Who is this article for?
Incydr Professional and Enterprise, no.
Incydr Basic and Advanced, no.
CrashPlan Cloud, no.
Other product plans, yes.
CrashPlan for Small Business, no.
This article applies to on-premises authority servers.
Other available versions:
The Legal Hold web app's Activity page displays events that occur within a legal hold. This tutorial explains how to view the events captured by the Legal Hold web app.
Before you begin
- A legal hold must already have been created and configured.
- Only users that have the following roles are able to view legal hold activity:
- All Org Legal Admin (version 6.5.x and later in Code42 environments with an authority server
- Legal Admin (version 6.0.x and earlier)
- Org Legal Admin (this role can only restore files for users within the administrator's organization and its child organizations)
- SYSADMIN (Code42 environments with an authority server only)
- A custom role with appropriate permissions. Users with the legalhold permission are able to view all legal holds. Copy a Legal Admin role to create an appropriate role.
When you collect files from a custodian on legal hold, that action appears on the activity screen of the Legal Hold web app 24 hours later.
- Sign in to the Code42 console on your authority server.
- Navigate to the Legal Hold web app:
- (Version 6.5.x and later) Choose Legal Hold from the left menu.
- (Version 6.0.x and earlier) From the application selector in the upper-right of the administration console toolbar, choose Legal Hold.
- Click the name of the legal hold that you want to view.
- Click Activity.
Scrolling down displays more events.
The Legal Hold web app records the following events:
- Legal hold creation
- Legal hold deactivation
- Legal hold reactivation
- Adding a custodian to a legal hold
- Deactivation of a custodian
- Reactivation of a custodian
- Collection of files from a legal hold
Although collection events display, the names of the files collected are not shown. To determine the files downloaded, use the appropriate Code42 API.