Who is this article for?
Incydr Professional and Enterprise, no.
Incydr Basic and Advanced, no.
CrashPlan Cloud, no.
Other product plans, yes.
CrashPlan for Small Business, no.
This article applies to on-premises authority servers.
This article describes how the Code42 Professional Services team upgrades your on-premises installation of Code42 to the Code42 cloud. Upgrading to the Code42 cloud allows you to take advantage of our latest features to detect and respond to insider risks.
- A Professional Services team member guides you through the upgrade process. Contact your Customer Success Manager (CSM) to learn more.
- If your backup archives are already in the Code42 cloud, they are retained. However, backup archives in on-premises storage servers are not retained and backup starts afresh in the Code42 cloud.
- Rather than retaining your existing archives in the Code42 cloud, in some situations it may be more beneficial to leave your current backups behind and start with a fresh deployment in the Code42 cloud. Your Code42 environment will be reviewed by the Professional Services team to determine the best option for you.
Before you upgrade to the Code42 cloud, a Code42 Professional Services team member helps you perform the following required tasks:
- Upgrade to the latest version
Upgrade your on-premises authority server to 8.2.6 with the latest Code42 app version.
- Open network ports
Open ports 443 and 4287 for access to the Code42 cloud.
- Change usernames to emails
Change all users' usernames to valid email addresses. Usernames must be valid email addresses in Code42 cloud deployments.
- Change custom roles to standard
Re-assign standard roles to users. The Code42 cloud does not support custom roles.
- Assign Customer Cloud Admin role
Assign the Customer Cloud Admin role to the individual administering the cloud deployment.
- Discontinue on-premises backup
On-premises destinations are not supported.
- Select identity management methodology
Your identity management methods may need to change in a cloud deployment model.
- Assess API usage
API scripts or integration (outside of Splunk) will break after upgrade unless they are adjusted for use in the Code42 cloud.
When the upgrade is finished, sign in to the Code42 console to verify that everything is working as expected.
- Sign in to the Code42 console in the Code42 cloud as a user with the Customer Cloud Admin role.
- Verify your Code42 environment is configured correctly:
- Start your old on-premises authority server using the CLI command. Your Code42 Professional Services contact helps you update this old Code42 console to redirect Code42 apps to your new cloud Code42 console.
- See our article to learn more about the differences between your old on-premises Code42 environment and the Code42 cloud.
- Work with the Code42 Professional Services team to configure features like Single Sign-On and User Directory Sync.