This article applies to version 6.
If you have managed appliances and back up your database dumps to the Code42 cloud, you have a database backup account to manage the database dumps. Your database backup account is protected by an archive password. After the account is created by your Managed Private Cloud (MPC) representative, you must change the archive password to ensure your database dumps are secure. This article describes how to change the archive password for the database backup account.
Keep your archive password in a safe place. You are responsible for the security of your archive password.
Before you begin
Obtain your database backup credentials from your Code42 MPC representative.
- Log in to your Code42 cloud administration console.
- Enter your database backup (dbbackup) user credentials.
Obtain the credentials from your Code42 MPC representative.
- Click the destination.
- Click the action menu in the upper-right and choose Edit.
- Click the Security tab.
- Click Change Archive Password.
- Enter the existing password in Current archive password and enter the new password in New archive password.
- Click OK.
- On the Device Backup Settings dialog, click Save.