This article explains how to lock proxy settings in the Code42 console. Locking proxy settings prevents users from changing them in the Code42 app.
- Sign in to the Code42 console.
- Navigate to Administration > Settings > Device Backup.
- Select the Network tab.
- Scroll to the Proxy section.
- Review both the Enabled and PAC URL settings.
- If the lock icon appears for both settings, they are already locked. No further action is needed.
- If the unlocked icon appears for either setting, click it to lock the setting. Both settings should be locked. Even if you are not using a proxy server, it is still a best practice to lock the settings to prevent potential security vulnerabilities introduced by users adding their own proxy configuration.
- Follow the prompts to confirm this change.
- Click Save.