This article describes a known issue that prevents you from removing a provider destination that is offered to a deactivated organization. To resolve the issue, you must stop offering the provider destination to each deactivated organization before removing the provider destination.
If you are attempting to remove a private cloud destination, see Unable To Remove A Destination.
Code42 environments that meet all of these conditions:
- Use a provider destination
- Have a deactivated organization that uses the provider destination
- Have been upgraded from version 4.1.4 or 4.1.5
Before you begin
Removing a destination is a destructive action. If you want to keep any user archives from this destination, migrate all archives off of the destination before proceeding.
To remove the provider destination, revoke the destination from the deactivated organizations that previously used it.
Step 1: Stop offering the destination
Stop offering the destination to each deactivated organization.
If inheritance is disabled for an organization, that organization is not affected by changes to its parent organization.
- From the administration console, select Organizations.
- From the action menu, select Show Deactivated.
- Modify each organization that offers the provider destination:
- Select the deactivated organization.
- From the action menu, select Edit.
- Select Destinations.
- If necessary, deselect Inherit destination settings from parent.
- Deselect Offer for the provider destination
- Click Save.
- Purge the organization's archives from cold storage.
Step 2: Remove the provider destination
- Go to Destinations and select the provider destination.
- From the action menu, select Remove.
- Select I understand that removing this destination deletes user data and that this action is final and permanent.
I AGREE, then click Ok.