Who is this article for?
CrashPlan for Small Business, no.
Code42 for Enterprise, yes.
Link: Product plans and features.
This article applies to version 5.
Other available versions:
This article describes a known issue that prevents administrators from inviting a user to use CrashPlan if the user was previously invited. This troubleshooting article describes how to resend the email invitation.
This issue affects email invitations sent from the administration console. If an email address was previously sent an invitation, then additional invitations sent to that address fail.
This issue is resolved in version 5.2.0 of the Code42 server. If possible, we recommend upgrading to version 5.2.0 or later.
If you send an email invitation to an email address that was previously invited to use CrashPlan, then an error message displays, "0 users were invited successfully."
This occurs because there was no response to the previous email invitation and that invitation remains active. You must modify and deactivate the invited user to resend an email invitation.
To resend the invitation, rename and deactivate the invited user with the following steps:
- Sign in to the administration console.
- Click Users.
- From the action menu, select Show Invited.
A list of previously invited users displays.
- Click the user that you would like to invite again.
The user details display.
- From the action menu on the user detail, select Edit.
- Change the username.
For example, change email@example.com to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click Update User.
- From the action menu on the user detail, select Deactivate.
- When prompted, indicate that you understand that the user's archive will be deleted.
- Click OK.
- Invite the user again using the original email address.