- Code42 CrashPlan (previously CrashPlan PROe)
- Your changes cannot be applied because one or more organizations use upgraded encryption settings.
- Your changes cannot be applied because this organization or child organizations use upgraded encryption settings.
Endpoint monitoring and enhanced archive security cannot be used at the same time. Enhanced archive security settings prevent access to a user's archives from any external source, including a Code42 server attempting to perform endpoint monitoring functions.
Code42 server version 5.2.x and later
- When inheritance is enabled, these archive security settings apply to child organizations and the user accounts within those organizations.
- Enhanced archive security may be enabled by:
Do not use endpoint monitoring for organizations or user accounts that use enhanced archive security settings.
Since endpoint monitoring cannot be enabled for users with enhanced archive security, you must perform a new backup with standard archive encryption for each affected user (see steps below).
- Sign in to the administration console.
- Select Users > Add A New User to create a new account for each user with enhanced archive security.
- Lock the archive encryption key setting:
- System-wide: Go to Settings > Device Backup > Security.
- Single organization:
- Go to Organizations.
- Select An Organization.
- In the upper-right corner, click the Action menu.
- Select Device Backup Defaults.
- Select Security.
- From Archive Encryption Security, select Standard.
- Click the lock icon.
This prevents users from changing this setting.
- Instruct each user to sign in to the CrashPlan app using the new account and click Start Backup.
- Wait for the new backups to be 100% complete.
- Deactivate the user accounts with enhanced security.
After deactivation, the files backed up by these accounts cannot be restored, so it is important to make sure the backups for the new users are complete.
- Enable endpoint monitoring.