This article explains how to interpret and respond to the following alert.
The table below displays where the alert appears and where it can be configured.
|"Identity provider has been removed from federation and is no longer available"||Email and Alerts Overview of the administration console|
|"Active SSO IDP removed from federation"||Settings > Notifications of the administration console|
This alert indicates a problem that could seriously affect your Code42 environment's security, result in data loss, or cause the service to be unavailable.
This alert is triggered when your SSO identity provider is no longer present in the list of identity providers supplied by your identity provider federation. This suggests that your identity provider has been removed from the federation.
When an identity provider is removed from a federation, all user devices associated with that identity provider are automatically deauthorized by your master server. Users cannot sign in to your Code42 environment using SSO until you provision a new identity provider for the affected users.
To resolve this alert, contact your identity provider federation to confirm that your identity provider has been intentionally removed from the federation.
- If your identity provider has been permanently removed from the federation, configure a new identity provider:
- Provision your users with an alternative method to sign in, such as an alternative identity provider or direct login without using SSO.
- Instruct your users to sign in to their devices to resume activity.
- If your identity provider has been restored to the federation, instruct your master server to retrieve a new copy of the federation's list of identity providers:
- Go to Settings > Security > Single Sign-On.
- Select your federation.
- Click Update to retrieve a new copy of the federation's list of identity providers.
Acknowledge the alert
The alert will continue to appear on the Alerts Overview in the administration console until you acknowledge the alert. To acknowledge the alert, go to Alerts, select the alerts you want to acknowledge, and choose Acknowledge from the action menu.