If you notice problems or delays with email delivery, there may be a corrupt email in the queue that is preventing other emails from being processed and sent. Clearing the email queue typically resolves this issue. If you are experiencing any of the symptoms below, follow the steps in this article to manually remove the problem email by resetting the email queue.
If your Code42 environment is affected by this issue, you may see the following symptoms:
- Manually-generated email reports take a day or more to send or are not sent at all
- Automatic daily report emails are delayed or not sent at all
- Mail failure or retry messages appear in the Code42 server logs
Performing this process deletes all email in the queue. Deleted emails cannot be recovered.
Before you begin
Before resetting the mail queue, we strongly advise backing up your database.
- Stop your Code42 server.
activemq-datain the following folder for your operating system:
- Linux: /opt/proserver
- OS X: /Library/Application Support/CrashPlan/PROServer
- Windows: C:\Program Files\CrashPlan PROe Server\data
- Delete all the files and folders in that message queue folder.
- Start your Code42 server.