This guide provides best practices on hardening security in your Code42 environment. It contains information on how to deploy Code42 services in supported and secure configurations. This guide primarily addresses private or hybrid environments rather than environments managed by Code42.
The default settings of Code42 software provide robust security. However, to enhance the security of your Code42 environment even further, we suggest you follow the procedures in this guide after installing Code42 CrashPlan.
- Archive encryption key security
- Install your own SSL certificate for HTTPS console access
- Protect your Code42 server database with automatic secure keystore
- Configure the CORS domain whitelist for web applications
- TCP and UDP ports used by the Code42 platform
- Disable older protocols and cipher suites
- Disable data key sharing