Who is this article for?
CrashPlan for Enterprise, no.
Code42 for Enterprise, yes.
CrashPlan for Small Business, yes.
The Legal Hold web app's Activity page displays events that occur within a legal hold. This tutorial explains how to view the events captured by the Legal Hold web app.
Before you begin
- A legal hold must already have been created and configured.
- Only users that have the Legal Admin role, or a custom role with the necessary permissions, are able to view legal hold activity.
When you collect files from a custodian on legal hold, that action appears on the activity screen of the Legal Hold web app 24 hours later.
- Sign in to the Code42 console on your master server.
- Choose the Legal Hold web app.
- Click the name of the legal hold that you want to view.
- Click Activity.
Scrolling down displays more events.
The Legal Hold web app records the following events:
- Legal hold creation
- Legal hold deactivation
- Legal hold reactivation
- Adding a custodian to a legal hold
- Deactivation of a custodian
- Reactivation of a custodian
- Collection of files from a legal hold
Although collection events display, the names of the files collected are not shown. To determine the files downloaded, use the appropriate Code42 API.