- CrashPlan PROe
This article describes a fix for a known issue that may prevent a previously deactivated CrashPlan device from being able to resume backups or restore from provider storage destinations.
Code42 environments that meet both of these criteria:
- Have an on-premises master server running version 4.x of the Code42 platform
- Use a provider storage destination, such as the Code42 cloud
This issue is resolved in version 4.3.0 of the Code42 platform. If possible, we recommend upgrading to version 4.3.0 or later.
This issue occurs under the following circumstances:
- A CrashPlan device is deactivated.
- The device is reactivated.
- The user signs in to the device and clicks Start Backup for a backup on a provider destination (for example, the Code42 cloud).
- The destination server appears offline or displays the message, "Destination unavailable – the backup location is not accessible."
This results in the user being unable to resume backing up or to restore previously backed up files.
Before allowing the user to sign in to the device again, follow these steps to reattach the backup archive to the device:
- Sign in to the administration console.
- (Optional) If the user associated with the device is also deactivated, activate the user.
- Activate the device associated with the backup archive.
- Reattach the backup archive:
- Select Devices
- Locate and select the user's device.
- From the action menu, select Edit.
- Select Backup (or Backup Sets, if configured).
- From Destinations, select the destination(s) holding the device's backup archive.
- Click Save.
If the user already signed in to the device and is unable to back up or restore:
- Deactivate the device and reactivate it again.
- Follow the steps above to reattach the archive.
- Ask the user to sign in to the device again.