This article applies to CrashPlan PROe version 4.
This article describes the solution for a known issue that can cause CrashPlan app devices that upgrade to version 4.4.3 to stop displaying customized images and text.
Code42 environments that both:
- Initially deployed customized CrashPlan app images or text to Windows devices in version 4.2.x or earlier
- Upgraded those Windows devices to CrashPlan app version 4.4.3
Before you begin
If you do not already have copies of the images and text files originally used to customize your CrashPlan apps, you must create them as described below.
Preparing customized images
The CrashPlan app allows you to customize the following images:
|Filename||Required File Format||Required Dimensions (pixels)||Description|
| ||png||436 x 35||The logo in the upper right corner of the CrashPlan app.|
| ||png||540 x 330||The splash screen that appears when CrashPlan app is launched.|
| ||jpg||1508 x 1142||The background image of the CrashPlan app.|
Customized images must use the filenames, image dimensions, and formats that exactly match the values above. Only images matching these properties are used by the CrashPlan app.
Preparing customized text
- From any CrashPlan app device, locate the txt.properties file:
- Installed for everyone (default): C:\ProgramData\CrashPlan\lang\txt.properties
- Installed per user: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\<Local or Roaming>\CrashPlan\lang\txt.properties
- Copy and paste the strings you want to customize into a new .txt file. For example:
LoginPanel.firstName=First name\:??? LoginPanel.lastName=Last name\:??? LoginPanel.password=Password\:
- Update the text as necessary. For example, to change the password label to "Your AD password," enter:
LoginPanel.password=Your AD Password\:
- Save the file with the name txt.properties.
Text changes only affect CrashPlan apps using the English-language locale.
We recommend performing these steps manually on a test device first and then using a device management tool to automate this process.
- Place the customized image files in the applicable directory on each affected device in your Code42 environment:
- Installed for everyone (default): C:\ProgramData\CrashPlan\skin\
- Installed per user: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\<Local or Roaming>\CrashPlan\skin\
- Place the customized txt.properties file in the applicable directory on each affected device in your Code42 environment:
- Installed for everyone (default): C:\ProgramData\CrashPlan\lang\custom\
- Installed per user: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\<Local or Roaming>\CrashPlan\lang\custom\