- CrashPlan PROe
This article explains how to interpret the following alert, and how to respond to the alert.
The table below displays where the alert appears and where it can be configured. The alert text is different on the configuration page than on the alerts page or email.
|Server version is not the same as the master: storage server name, version = version||Email and Alerts Overview of the administration console|
|Server version conflict||Settings > Notifications of the administration console|
Low - this alert indicates a condition that should ideally be corrected, although it does not pose an immediate threat to user data, system security, or service availability.
This alert is triggered when the versions of the Code42 environment running on the master server and a storage server do not match. The identity of the affected server, and the version of the Code42 environment, is given in the alert.
- Storage server and master server cannot communicate
- Storage server and master server cannot sync
- Users cannot backup or restore to the affected storage server
- Users cannot sync files, plans, and events to the affected storage server
To resolve this alert:
- Upgrade the storage server if it is running an earlier version of the Code42 environment
- Install the correct version of the Code42 environment on the storage server, if the storage server is running a later version of the Code42 environment
Acknowledge The Alert
The alert will continue to appear on the Alerts Overview window in the administration console until you acknowledge the alert. To acknowledge the alert, go to Alerts, select the alerts you want to acknowledge, and choose Acknowledge from the action menu.