In some circumstances, changing a username from the administration console can cause unexpected behavior on user devices, including:
- Non-responsive or disabled SharePlan right-click menu in Windows Explorer/Finder
- Temporary inability to sync or upload files
- Being signed out of the SharePlan app (Windows only)
If you experience any of these issues after updating a username, this article lists simple solutions to restore all SharePlan functionality.
SharePlan app version 4.1.6 for Windows, OS X, and Android
This issue is resolved in version 4.2.0 of the Code42 platform. If possible, we recommend upgrading to version 4.2.0 or later.
To use SharePlan with the new username:
- Windows: Sign in again.
- OS X: Restart the Code42 Service.
- Android: Restart the device.