- CrashPlan PROe
The Code42 platform supports several methods for user authentication and authorization. Authorization in the Code42 environment also includes user management. This article defines authentication and authorization, and explains which methods of authentication and authorization work together.
Code42 environments running the following versions:
- 184.108.40.206 and earlier
- 4.1.4 and earlier
There are known issues with running the CrashPlan app on Macs upgraded to Yosemite. In version 3.6.3 of the CrashPlan app:
- Real-time backup will not take place.
- File changes will back up after a file verification scan.
- Display issues or other unexpected behavior may occur with the CrashPlan app and menu bar app.
See Known Issues With CrashPlan On OS X Yosemite for options to upgrade your users to version 3.6.4 of the CrashPlan app.
We recommend that you upgrade your CrashPlan devices to version 3.6.4 of the CrashPlan app for compatibility with Yosemite.
If you do not upgrade your devices to CrashPlan app version 3.6.4, back up will occur only after a file verification scan runs.
To ensure that your users' files remain protected, we recommend making sure that the file verification scan is configured to run at a time when the user's computer is on, and not in sleep mode.
- Open the CrashPlan app and go to Settings > Backup
- Review the Verify selection every options and if necessary, adjust to a time when the computer is normally on and awake
- Click Save
The larger the file selection is, the longer the file verification scan takes to run. We recommend setting the file verification scan to run no more than once per day.
There are known issues with running the SharePlan app on Macs upgraded to OS X Yosemite. Version 4.1.4 of the SharePlan app behaves as follows:
- Syncing continues
- Finder enhancements do not appear
- Display issues may occur on Macs configured to use the dark menu bar and Dock
Full support for OS X Yosemite will be available soon.
Code42 Enterprise server
If your enterprise server is running version 4.1.4, server operations are unaffected if the host operating system is upgraded to Yosemite. However, version 4.1.4 does not officially support OS X Yosemite.
We recommend that you upgrade your enterprise servers to version 4.1.5 for compatibility with Yosemite, as well as to provide Yosemite-compatible CrashPlan apps and SharePlan apps for your devices.