This article applies to CrashPlan PROe version 4.
The most efficient method for deploying the SharePlan mobile app on many devices is to use a mobile device management (MDM) solution, such as AirWatch. This article shows you how to use AirWatch to deploy the SharePlan mobile app.
Information about products from other manufacturers is intended as a resource to help you get the most out of Code42 products. However, our Customer Champions cannot provide direct assistance for these products. For assistance with products not developed by Code42, contact the product's manufacturer.
This process was tested in AirWatch version 7.1.
This process installs the public app store version of the SharePlan mobile app. If you want to customize your deployment further, contact sales to engage our PRO Services team.
Before you begin
- You must have an AirWatch account in order to deploy the SharePlan mobile app with AirWatch.
- If your devices are already enrolled in AirWatch, you can deploy the SharePlan mobile app to them immediately via an AirWatch Smart Group. Alternatively, you can use an AirWatch Smart Group to configure the SharePlan mobile app deployment, then add your devices to it later. Your devices will receive the configured deployment when they are enrolled.
- Refer to the AirWatch Knowledgebase (requires AirWatch login) for general guidelines on deploying apps with AirWatch.
Step 1: Use AirWatch to install the SharePlan Mobile App
- Sign in to your AirWatch dashboard using your AirWatch credentials
- Go to Apps & Books on the left sidebar
- Select the Public tab
- Choose + Add Application to select the SharePlan mobile app for your AirWatch environment
- Select your platform (Android or iOS versions)
If you are deploying to multiple platforms, repeat this process for each platform
- Enter SharePlan into the Name field
- Click Next to search for the SharePlan mobile app in your platform's app store
- Click + Select for the SharePlan mobile app
- (Optional) Customize the AirWatch descriptive fields
- Go to Assignment to choose which AirWatch Smart Groups will receive the SharePlan mobile app deployment
- Assign the SharePlan mobile app to your AirWatch-managed devices
- Go to Deployment to choose how and when your managed devices will receive the SharePlan mobile app
- Select deployment options for your environment
- Click Save & Publish
AirWatch prompts you to View Device Assignment for this app
- Click Publish to install the SharePlan mobile app to the assigned device groups
Step 2: Users sign in to the SharePlan Mobile App
After the SharePlan mobile app is installed on devices, users must either:
- Create a SharePlan account or
- Sign in to the app with their existing SharePlan credentials
Users can also create an account on a computer using the SharePlan app or SharePlan web app, then sign in to the SharePlan mobile app.
SharePlan Mobile App Overview
For more information on what your users see when opening the SharePlan mobile app for the first time, refer to our Android SharePlan App Overview or iOS SharePlan App Overview.
Step 3: View devices in your Administration console
After users sign in to the SharePlan mobile app on their devices, you can view them in the Code42 environment administration console to confirm that managed devices are connecting to your Code42 environment.
After installing the SharePlan mobile app on your organization's devices, provide your users with everything they need to know about SharePlan:
For more information on the powerful management options available within AirWatch, check out the AirWatch Knowledgebase (requires AirWatch login).