Who is this article for?
CrashPlan for Small Business, no.
Code42 for Enterprise, yes.
Link: Product plans and features.
This page contains a list of frequently asked questions for CrashPlan PROe users.
Deciding what to buy
CrashPlan PROe is licensed by annual user license. Each active user consumes a user license.
Yes. There is a 30-day free trial to CrashPlan PROe. Your trial is a fully functional version of the software, and is exactly the same as the purchased software.
There are two types of license, each with their own pricing programs. Choose the one that best fits your budget.
- Annual Licenses: You can choose from 1-year, 2-year and 3-year plans. These plans include Support and Maintenance for the duration of the license.
- Perpetual Licenses: If your business requires a perpetual licensing model, contact your sales representative (or contact Sales) to discuss perpetual licensing options. Perpetual licenses are a one-time cost and include 1 year of support and upgrades. After 1 year you must purchase support for each license to enjoy continued support and upgrades. Support and Maintenance packs are licensed per user, with a single support end-date for all users.
If you decide to host your data with us, you'll also need to pay storage fees.
Yes. You can have both types of licenses running within the same Code42 environment.
Yes. CrashPlan PROe is available worldwide.
Yes. Please see our details on available languages for all Code42 products.
Comprehensive product documentation is available on our support site. You can also easily save PDFs of single articles or groups of articles to create your own customized collection of product documentation.
Please visit our online store to purchase or to request a quote.
We accept payment via credit card.
Australia and New Zealand customers
Yes. We have a data centre in Sydney.
You can choose to pay with Visa or Mastercard. For more information on purchasing, contact sales.
If you have already purchased a plan through the U.S. store, we'll continue to honor renewals of that plan at the U.S. renewal prices.
Even though our operating costs in Australia are significantly higher than they are in the U.S., we are absorbing some of the increased cost to make us more in line with similar products.
No. Our longest subscription term in Australia and New Zealand is one year (for CrashPlan PROe).
Yes, but only on Mac OS X and Linux.
Due to security constraints within the Windows operating systems, CrashPlan PROe does not support backing up mapped or network drives on Windows.
There are several different ways to get more information about CrashPlan PROe:
- In the administration console, hover over a part of the screen to see a brief description of the item.
- In the administration console, click the Help menu and choose the help option you want. The Documentation option displays a reference article about that page. All Documentation displays the CrashPlan PROe Online reference guide.
- Search our support site for all our documentation about CrashPlan PROe.
- Visit our YouTube page for video tutorials.
No. Starting with version 3.2.1, CrashPlan PROe does not allow creation of new client destinations for devices under different accounts.
Yes. See our tutorial on configuring computer-to-computer backup in CrashPlan PROe.
Code42 ensures and monitors appropriate ISO27001 or SSAE16 certifications for its cloud data centers, and is an ISO27001-certified organization. Code42 continually strives to keep pace with evolving industry security standards.
For more information, see our Enterprise Security Resources.
CrashPlan PROe can be configured to support HIPAA compliance. CrashPlan for Small Business and CrashPlan for Home do not support HIPAA compliance. Learn more about CrashPlan PROe and HIPAA compliance.
If you have additional questions that our online resources don't address, our Customer Champions are happy to assist via email, live chat, and phone with CrashPlan PROe support or CrashPlan for Small Business (previously CrashPlan PRO) support. We also provide User Forums where you can discuss CrashPlan PROe with other users.