This article applies to CrashPlan PROe version 3.
Enterprise server version 184.108.40.206 and earlier running on OS X systems that have upgraded Java to version 1.6.0_35.
Use a plain text editor, such as Vi, VIM, emacs, Text Wrangler, Notepad++, TextMate, etc., to make these changes.
Word processors, such as Wordpad, Word, Pages, or OpenOffice Writer, can add formatting characters to plain text files and should be avoided.
- Open Terminal from your Applications.
- Stop the enterprise server service:
sudo launchctl unload /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.crashplan.proserver.plist
- Open the following file in a plain text editor.
- Locate the value -Xss128k and change it to:
- Save changes to the .plist file.
- Start the enterprise server service:
sudo launchctl load /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.crashplan.proserver.plist
Editing the .plist file should resolve the issue. However, we recommend upgrading to PROe Server version 220.127.116.11.