Low - this alert indicates a condition that should ideally be corrected, although it does not pose an immediate threat to user data, system security, or service availability.
This alert is triggered when the master server was unable to deliver an email message to a recipient, either using the built-in mail server or an external mail server. Message delivery failed due to too many retry attempts.
Possible causes of the mail delivery failure include:
- Network problems
- Email server problems
- Authentication problems on email server
- Users or administrators do not receive emailed alerts and notifications
To resolve this alert:
- Check the list of email recipients for alerts, and verify that each recipient's email address is still valid.
- Check the mail server settings, if an external mail server is being used.
- Check network connectivity to the LAN and WAN addresses of the mail server
- External mail server: verify the mail server is reachable
- Internal mail server: verify the mail server is able to deliver messages to other destinations.
Acknowledge the alert
The alert will continue to appear on the Alerts Overview window in the administration console until you acknowledge the alert. To acknowledge the alert, go to Alerts, select the alerts you want to acknowledge, and choose Acknowledge from the action menu.