- CrashPlan PROe
Low - this alert indicates a condition that should ideally be corrected, although it does not pose an immediate threat to user data, system security, or service availability.
This alert is triggered when an endpoint device has not backed up within a configurable period of time.
The most common benign cause for this alert is that a device is powered off, often due to vacation or other absence.
- Device is not backed up, resulting in user data being placed at risk
- Problems with CrashPlan app that prevent end point backup
To resolve this alert:
- Record the GUID of the affected device, as given by the notification message.
- Search for this GUID using smart search in the administration console, in order to determine which user and device has not been backing up.
- Verify that the CrashPlan app is running on the user device, and that the device is configured properly to back up to your destination. If necessary, troubleshoot the CrashPlan app on the endpoint device.
Alternatively, if you wish to adjust the warning threshold for receiving this alert for all devices:
- Go to Server Overview & Settings in the administration console
- Change the value for the Backup Warning field of the Alerts section
You may also change the warning threshold for a single device:
- Go to Devices > Device Details > Action menu > Edit > General
- Change the Warning field in the Alerts section
Acknowledge the alert
The alert will continue to appear on the Alerts Overview window in the administration console until you acknowledge the alert. To acknowledge the alert, go to Alerts, select the alerts you want to acknowledge, and choose Acknowledge from the action menu.