- CrashPlan PROe
This issue appears under these conditions:
- Enterprise server versions 3.3.x through 3.5.3.x
- Google Chrome browser, version 31.0.1650.57 (latest version, as of November 19, 2013)
- All platforms (Windows, OS X, Linux)
Note: This issue does not impact version 3.5.4 and later of the enterprise server
Upon selecting Sign In from the administration console, the browser freezes:
Code42 recommends using any of these solutions to resolve the problem.
Use a different browser
This issue is only known to affect Chrome. Open the administration console from another web browser to avoid the issue.
Use a different version of Google Chrome
Alternatively, you can use an earlier version of Chrome (prior to version 31.0.1650.57) to prevent the issue:
- Downgrade to an earlier version of Chrome:
- Uninstall Chrome
- Delete every user's saved profile data by removing the following directories:
- Windows Vista / 7: C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data
- Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data
- Mac OS X: ~/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome/Default
- Linux: ~/.config/google-chrome/Default
- Install an older version of Chrome
- Turn off auto-updates to prevent Chrome from upgrading again
Upgrade your Enterprise Server
This issue affects only enterprise servers running CrashPlan PROe versions 3.3.x through 3.5.3.x. You can avoid this issue by upgrading your enterprise servers to version 3.5.4 or later.