Who is this article for?
Incydr Professional and Enterprise, no.
Incydr Basic and Advanced, no.
CrashPlan Cloud, no.
Other product plans, yes.
CrashPlan for Small Business, yes.
This article applies to on-premises authority server version 3.
Enterprise servers for CrashPlan PROe version 3.4.1 to 3.6.3.
This issue does not affect version 4.0 and later of the Code42 environment.
- Open a command line tool in your master server's operating system.
- Run the Reset Admin Password script, following the instructions at Reset Admin Password For Your Server.
The script displays "Key fragment validated" and resets the administrator account to its default username and password.
- Open the sign-in page for your Code42 console, but do not fill in any fields. Do not enter your administrator account credentials
Do not enter credentials in this step. If you fill out any of the fields, you will not be able to sign in.
- Click Create Account.
You are signed in to the Code42 console.
- Go to My Profile > Action Menu > Edit.
- Use the Edit menu to reset the password from the default to a password of your choice.