Who is this article for?
CrashPlan for Small Business, no.
Code42 for Enterprise, yes.
Link: Product plans and features.
This article applies to version 3.
Enterprise servers for CrashPlan PROe version 3.4.1 to 3.6.3.
This issue does not affect version 4.0 and later of the Code42 environment.
- Open a command line tool in your master server's operating system.
- Run the Reset Admin Password script, following the instructions at Reset Admin Password For Your Server.
The script displays "Key fragment validated" and resets the administrator account to its default username and password.
- Open the sign-in page for your administration console, but do not fill in any fields. Do not enter your administrator account credentials
Do not enter credentials in this step. If you fill out any of the fields, you will not be able to sign in.
- Click Create Account.
You are signed in to the administration console.
- Go to My Profile > Action Menu > Edit.
- Use the Edit menu to reset the password from the default to a password of your choice.