Who is this article for?
CrashPlan for Small Business, no.
Code42 for Enterprise, yes.
Link: Product plans and features.
Perpetual device licenses
If your business requires a perpetual licensing model and you need additional licenses, please contact your sales representative or contact Sales to discuss purchase options.
Annual device licenses
- Annual device licenses are like a subscription allowing use of the software for one year from the date of purchase. So if you purchase ten device licenses for one year, ten computers are able to back up to and restore from your server for a year. Once the annual device license expires, the device stops backing up until you refresh the license. The device license must also be refreshed before you can restore that device's data.
- Support and maintenance is fully included with annual licenses. As long as you have active device licenses, you are able to upgrade your environment and receive support.
- The term for annual device licenses begins on the date of purchase. If you add device licenses later, the new device licenses expire on a later date than the original device licenses.
The Licensing screen in the administration console displays information about the CrashPlan PROe products that your organization has purchased. You can also remove product licenses from this screen.
|a||Registration Key||Registration Key associated with this organization|
|b||Client seats - In use||The number of computers and mobile devices currently in use|
|c||Client seats - Purchased||Total number of seats purchased under this Registration Key|
|d||Name||Name of the product purchased|
|e||Seats||Number of seats in the product purchased|
|f||Purchased||Date of purchase|
Allows you to remove the license
Remove licenses with great care. If you have more client seats in use than client seats purchased, backup will cease for some users, leaving those users unprotected.
|h||Date Support expires||Date of expiration, and total number of days remaining|
Licensing screen during 30-day trial
|a||The number of days remaining in your evaluation period|
|Add Product License Key||Enter additional Product License Keys to apply purchased products to your environment.|
|Edit Master License Key||Change which Master License Key your environment uses. Changing this value will remove any previously entered Product License Keys from your environment.|
|Registration Information||Displays your environment's registration information, including your Registration Key, company, company contact name, and company contact person's email address. This is the information your organization provided on the Master License Key request form.|
Notes on upgrading to 3.5
- Annual Seat licenses must be purchased prior to upgrading when moving to CrashPlan PROe 3.5. They cannot be applied directly to a server running version 3.5 or later.
- New User licenses cannot be applied to a server running version 3.4 or earlier. If you have already purchased these, you will need to first upgrade to 3.5 before they can be applied.
- Perpetual licenses can be applied to any version of CrashPlan PROe. In version 3.5 and later, they will simply be treated as user licenses.
More information is available at our guide to Upgrading 3.4.x to 126.96.36.199.