Who is this article for?
CrashPlan for Enterprise, no.
Code42 for Enterprise, yes.
CrashPlan for Small Business, yes.
This article applies to on-premises authority server version 3.
This tutorial describes how to upgrade your single-server environment from enterprise server version 3.6.4 to version 220.127.116.11.
For multi-server environments, see Upgrading Your Multi-Server Environment From Version 3.6.4 To Version 18.104.22.168.
Before you begin
- Review the general instructions at Upgrade Version 3.6.4 To 22.214.171.124.
- Verify that your support is up to date from the administration console Licensing screen.
Only environments under current support and maintenance are able to upgrade.
- Make sure that your host server meets the enterprise server requirements.
- (OS X Yosemite v10.10) If your host server is running Java 6, upgrade to Oracle Java Development Kit (JDK) 7.
- Test the software upgrade before upgrading your production environment.
For 3.6.4 test installation resources, contact our Customer Champions.
- Always dump your enterprise server database(s) before attempting to upgrade.
- Verify that your devices can connect to your master server on TCP port 4280 to download the device upgrade files.
If your master server is a Code42 managed appliance, our Customer Champions work with you to upgrade your Code42 environment. Do not attempt to upgrade your environment on your own.
Download upgrade & installation files
Download the upgrade file for your server platform:
In order to prepare a test environment, you will need installation files for the previous version of the enterprise server.
Performing the upgrade
Prepare your production environment
- Review the to verify that your support license is current.
- Dump your enterprise server's database from .
- Test the upgrade as described above.
- In Settings > Server, disable Auto-upgrade devices.
See Best Practices For Upgrading Your Devices for more details.
Upgrade your Enterprise Server
- Apply the enterprise server upgrade from .
- Review the End User License Agreement and click I AGREE to proceed with the upgrade.
The enterprise server restarts after successfully upgrading.
- After the enterprise server restarts, clear your browser cache and sign in to the console.
The message Server Upgrade Complete appears.
- Click No, I'll Upgrade Later to postpone upgrading all client devices.
- Verify the following:
- Under , the current version number is 126.96.36.199.
- You are able to view the details of an org, a user and a device. You can also do spot checks of various configuration screens if you'd like, but verifying an org, user and device's details provides good coverage.
- Your devices are able to reconnect to the enterprise server.
- You are able to back up and restore, or sync and share, files from your devices.
Troubleshooting the upgrade
For information on resolving upgrade issues, read the full article at Troubleshooting The Upgrade From Version 3.6.4 To Version 188.8.131.52.