- CrashPlan PRO
- CrashPlan PROe
The Code42 support site is your single source of truth for information about Code42 products. This site has a comprehensive collection of up-to-date resources to help you get the most out of your Code42 products, including tutorials, reference guides, and troubleshooting solutions for new users and experienced administrators alike.
This article explains how to use the support site, including:
- How to navigate the site hierarchy
- Search and filtering options
- Additional resources and page features
Site organization & navigation
The support site is split into 2 main help guides:
- Using CrashPlan contains information about backing up, restoring, configuring, and troubleshooting the CrashPlan app on your devices.
- Administering The Code42 platform contains information for CrashPlan PRO, Code42 for Enterprise, and Code42 for Enterprise administrators about managing the Code42 platform. Topics covered include installing, upgrading, configuring, monitoring and managing, licensing, and troubleshooting.
Each help guide contains more detailed help categories. For example, the Using CrashPlan help guide contains help categories for Backup, Restoring, Troubleshooting, that are specific to CrashPlan.
To view help categories within a specific guide, select one of the two guides on the home page. To search the entire site, enter a term in the search bar.
Visit the site map to view all support site content.
Help categories within a guide
After selecting a help guide (Using CrashPlan in this example), you can find information within the guide by:
- Selecting a version number.
- Selecting Index to open the site map and view all support site content.
- Selecting additional help categories listed below each version.
- Using the left-hand navigation bar to view available guides.
Search results vary depending on the page you choose to enter a search term:
- To search the entire site, enter a search term on the home page.
- To search within a specific help guide, enter a search term on that guide page.
You can also search from within any article. Use the search bar on the right to search the entire support site.
The image below is an example of searching the entire site for the term "settings."
- To filter the results to a single help guide, select a help guide filter icon on the top of the page. For example, select CrashPlan to view only CrashPlan results.
- To further filter search results, select a specific help category (for example, Restoring) to view results within that category.
- To view additional results, select Show More Results.
If you see what look like duplicate articles in your search results, it is usually because your search returned articles with the same title from multiple help guides or categories. For example, a search for "getting started" returns separate articles from the CrashPlan and Administrator help guides. To filter the search results, select the icon for a specific help guide or category.
In addition to the article content, each page contains many other helpful features:
|a||Code42||Opens code42.com in a new window.|
|b||Support||Click to go to support.code42.com.|
|c||Search||Enter a term to search the entire support site.|
|d||Submit a support request||Submit a ticket to our online help desk at Code42 for Enterprise support or CrashPlan PRO support.|
|e||Talk to a Customer Champion||Links to hours and phone numbers to speak directly to a Customer Champion.|
|f||Help Me Restore||Opens the restore guide for CrashPlan version 4.|
|g||Index||Opens the site index, which provides a list of all help categories.|
|h||Breadcrumb||Indicates where you are in the site hierarchy.|
|i||Version Picker||Allows you to choose the article that matches your version of the software.
Only applies when more than one version is available.
|j||Applies To||Lists the products to which this article applies.|
|k||Table of Contents||Lists the material covered in the article. Click any heading to go directly to that section of the article.|
|l||Save as PDF||
Converts this article to a PDF to print or view offline.
|m||Share this page||Options for sharing this page via social media.|
|–||Code42 Enterprise Chat
Administering the Code42 platform guide contents only
|Begins an online chat with a Customer Champion.