- CrashPlan PROe
These terms and conditions (Terms) describe the support and maintenance services (Support Services) to which enterprise subscribers of Code42 Software (Software) are entitled, provided such subscriber is a current and compliant licensee of Code42 Subscription Services pursuant to a license agreement between customer (also referred to hereunder as ‘you’) and Code42 or an authorized reseller of Code42 enterprise software:
- Support hours and contact information (web, phone, email, and live chat)
- Severity levels and response times
- What is and what isn't covered by Support
Information on our standard Support policies is available at Contacting A Customer Champion.
Any definition not specifically defined in these Terms shall be as defined in the license agreement between you and Code42.
Enterprise Support Contact Information
The table below is a quick reference point for enterprise support contact information. For further details on each method of support, see How To Contact Support At Code42.
|Support Method||Contact Information||Hours|
|Web Support||24 hours a day, 7 days a week|
|Chat Support||Chat now||Monday to Friday, 7 a.m. - 5 p.m. |
US Central Time
|Phone Support |
(Severity 1 Support has alternative contact information)
United States office:
Domestic: 1 877 680 7526
|Monday to Friday, 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. |
Saturday to Sunday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
US Central Time
United Kingdom office:
Domestic: 0808 178 3042
|Monday to Friday, 08:00 - 17:00 GMT|
Code42 Support services are provided in English. Contact Support to discuss options if you require translation services for your language.
Items Covered By Support Services
Code42 provides Support services for the following:
- Online, phone, chat and/or email Support for all technical issues relating to the use of the Software (including errors or problems with the Software, issues during setup and assistance understanding specific features of the software).
- If a Managed Appliance was purchased from Code42; Online, phone and/or email Support for all technical issues relating to the use of the Managed Appliance (including errors or problems with the Hardware, issues during setup and assistance understanding specific features of the Hardware).
- All available Updates as they become available for general release (electronically via download from Code42's support website). Updates means those subsequent releases of the Software and Documentation which are generally made available to licensees of the Code42 Software which are made available to Code42 customers as part of Support Services at no additional charge, other than the Fees for Code42 Subscription Services.
Items Not Covered By Support Services
Code42 is not obligated to provide Support Services for errors or problems caused by the following (each, an “Excluded Cause”):
- Third-party components not provided by Code42
- Altered, damaged, or modified Software
- Errors caused by your negligence or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Code42
- Use of the Software other than in a recommended environment described in the Documentation
- Use of unsupported Software versions as defined in our Product Lifecycle Policy
How To Contact Support At Code42
Web Support Services
Include the following information in your request to help our Support diagnose the issue faster:
- Product name
- Operating system and version
- Software version
- Computer ID (GUID) of affected devices
- Username (or email address) of affected user accounts
- Detailed description of the question or problem
- Screenshots of relevant settings or error messages
- Tell us if you are using any of our Code42 Cloud Services
Enterprise Chat Support Services
We also offer the opportunity to chat directly with Support from the button at the bottom of our page.
Chat hours are Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m (US Central Time).
Phone Support Services
Contact Support by telephone if your issue is urgent. We recommend calling us if you cannot restore files, adopt, or if you have a server that is preventing multiple users from access to the functionality of the Software. All calls are answered in the order in which they are received. You will be given a ticket number for referencing your specific issue for subsequent updates.
|Code42 Office Location||Time Zones||Weekday Hours||Weekend Hours||Phone Number |
|Phone Number |
|United States||US Central (CST / CDT)||7 a.m. - 7 p.m.||9 a.m. - 5 p.m.||1 877 680 7526||+1 612 333 4242|
|United Kingdom||GMT / BST||08:00 - 17:00||None||0808 178 3042||+44 1494 418 159|
Severity 1 Support
|Your Location||Support Location||Phone Number||Hours|
|United States||United States||1 877 680 7526||24 hours, 7 days a week|
|United Kingdom||United Kingdom||0808 178 3042||24 hours, 7 days a week|
|Australia||United States||1800 042 042||24 hours, 7 days a week|
|Saudi Arabia||United Kingdom||800 811 0460||24 hours, 7 days a week|
|Germany||United Kingdom||+49 89 210-93940||24 hours, 7 days a week|
|Other||United States |
(via Minneapolis, Minnesota)
|+1 612 333 4242||24 hours, 7 days a week|
|United States |
(via New Zealand)
|+64 9 887 3042||24 hours, 7 days a week|
|United Kingdom||+44 1494 418 159||24 hours, 7 days a week|
Severity Levels / Response Times for Premium Support Services
Customer-reported product failures and questions are addressed by Support according to a priority scheme based on the problem severity and potential customer impact. Support will collaborate with you to understand the issue, then set severity based on the description and criteria of each severity level in the table below.
|Severity Level||Description/Criteria||Initial Response Time||Recommended Contact Method|
|1 - Critical||The use of CrashPlan PROe is stopped or so severely impacted that you cannot reasonably continue work. You experience a complete loss of service and/or encounter one of the following scenarios: ||1 hour||Phone|
|2- High|| |
You experience a severe loss of service. Operations can continue in a restricted fashion, although long-term productivity might be adversely affected and a temporary workaround is unavailable.
For Managed Appliance related issues:
|4 hours||Web or chat|
|3 - Medium|| |
You experience a minor loss of service, which results in a partial, non-critical loss of functionality of the software. The impact is an inconvenience, which may require a workaround to restore functionality.
For Managed Appliance related issues:
|1 business day||Web or chat|
|4 - Low||You request information, report a Documentation error, or recommend a future product improvement but there is little to no impact on the operation of the Software.||3 business days||Web|
Response Times During US Holidays
US holidays last for 24 hours from 12 am to 12 pm, US Central time, on the following dates:
|US Holiday||Date of Observance|
|New Year's Day||January 1|
|Presidents' Day||Varies (third Monday in February)|
|Memorial Day||Varies (last Monday in May)|
|Independence Day||July 4|
|Labor Day||Varies (first Monday in September)|
|Thanksgiving Day||Varies (fourth Thursday in November)|
|Day after Thanksgiving Day||Varies (the Friday following Thanksgiving Day)|
|Christmas Eve||December 24|
|Christmas Day||December 25|
|New Year's Eve||December 31|
Critical Issues: Issues with a severity level of 1 are treated as normal during US holidays. If you experience a Severity 1 issue during a US holiday, contact Support by telephone.
Non-critical issues: Issues of severity levels 2, 3, and 4 are not addressed during US holidays, but responses to these issues are prioritized on the next business day.
Service Level Agreement (SLA)
You may contact Code42 directly for issues related to our Software and Code42 Subscription Services as follows:
- Unlimited support calls regarding the Code42 Subscription Services
- Severity 1 Response Service – Support will make every effort to respond to any Severity 1 / system down enterprise software or managed appliance related issue typically within 1 hour of receipt of your issue, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. A critical issue is defined as situations where a Code42 production system is down and/or non-operational or the managed appliance RAID array has failed or the appliance is offline and/or will not boot.
- Monitoring and Hardware Services are provided if a Managed Appliance solution was purchased.
Escalation Of Issues
If you find that an issue must be escalated to another Support representative, request a ticket escalation using one of these methods:
|Severity Level||Escalation Method|
|Severity 1 or 2||Contact Support by telephone|
|Severity 3 or 4||Use Code42's online form|
Include the following information:
- Your ticket number
- The reason for escalation
- The expected severity of the issue
- Additional contact information, if necessary
A Support manager reviews the request as quickly and efficiently as possible, evaluates the situation, and determines an appropriate action. The manager may need to have a direct conversation with you, or the support ticket may be reassigned to another Support representative to expedite the resolution process. We understand that your data is extremely important and accessing it can be time-sensitive.
You must use the methods of requesting Support Services as described in these Terms. You must clearly explain the nature of the issue or request for help. You are required to assist with the resolution of your problem of the finalization your request, as reasonably requested by Code42; failure to do so may impact Code42's ability to adhere to the response times in these Terms.
Managed Private Cloud Terms and Conditions
If you have questions on your Hardware, Monitoring services or the installation of your Code42 Managed Private Cloud, please see Code42's Managed Private Cloud Terms and Conditions.