- CrashPlan PRO
- Code42 CrashPlan (previously CrashPlan PROe)
Version 6.0 of CrashPlan PRO Online includes a refreshed administration console interface, as well as a number of fixes and enhancements.
Updates affect the following components:
- CrashPlan PRO Online
- CrashPlan PRO administration console
Refreshed Administration Console Design
The administration console navigation menu has updated styling.
Fixes And Enhancements
CrashPlan PRO Online
- Security updates.
- Performance and stability improvements.
- Improvements to web restore and push restore performance.
- The section of a user's email address before the @ symbol is no longer limited to 64 characters. The max length for the entire address is still 255 characters.
- Corrects an issue in which user backup status reports configured to send every day could occasionally skip a day.
- Updates the following third-party libraries used in the Code42 platform:
- Security updates.
- The Device Details screen now displays the actual file path on the user's device if an administrator uses a substitution variable. For example, if an organization has a locked file selection of
:documents, the Device Details for a specific device now displays the file selection as
- Adds a progress indicator to the Web Restore and Push Restore views when calculating totals for a large number of files selected for restore.
- Non-administrator users can now view the History log for their own devices.
- Backup reports are now correctly emailed to additional recipients added from Organization Settings > Reporting.
- Users with only a username (but no first and last name entered) no longer generate a sorting error when attempting to sort by Name on the Users screen.
- Improves reliability of real-time device status check (online or offline) when performing push restores.
- Corrects an rare issue in which Windows devices could incorrectly report the backup is 100% complete even though not all files are backed up.
- Improves the accuracy of used storage graphs and statistics throughout the administration console.
- Corrects an issue in which User Profile Backup options incorrectly appeared for CrashPlan PRO users not licensed for that feature.
- The csv template to bulk add users no longer contains the the username field if Usernames are email addresses is selected.
- When exporting a list of users to CSV from the action menu on the Users screen, the .csv file now includes additional columns.
- Performing a web restore from the administration console for devices with custom key security now presents the option to enter either the custom key or the passphrase.
- Changes to version retention settings are now applied during regularly scheduled archive maintenance and no longer require the user device to connect.
- When attempting to navigate within the administration console after the session times out, the user is now redirected to the sign-in screen instead of receiving an "invalid_token" error message.
- Corrects an issue in which the History tab on the Device Details screen did not display history log information under certain circumstances.
- When performing a web restore from the administration console for a user with archive password security enabled, entering the wrong password now correctly allows the user to re-enter the password without first closing and re-opening the web restore window or refreshing the page.
- Removes the Print option from the action menu on the Users screen. To print a list of users, use the web browser's print option instead.
- Manually adding Windows file paths for file selection inclusions now accepts both / and \ path separators.
- Corrects a rare issue for users with archive password security which could cause the restore window to close unexpectedly when switching destinations in the From Destination dropdown menu while performing a web restore.
- Removes most administration console navigation keyboard shortcuts.
- Users can no longer attempt to deactivate or block themselves from the action menu on the Users screen. Previously, these options were available but resulted in an error message. Now, the Block and Deactivate options are dimmed when accessed for the signed-in user.
Version 6.0 applies only to CrashPlan PRO Online and the CrashPlan PRO administration console. The CrashPlan app remains on version 4.8.