- CrashPlan PROe
This release of CrashPlan PROe includes support for network proxies and the newest Mac OS (Mountain Lion; 10.8). Version 3.3 also provides the ability to directly view API documentation; gives more granular control per destination over file exclusions; and dramatically improves roles and permissions management (links to the documentation provide additional details). This release also includes numerous improvements, performance enhancements and bug fixes, including fixes related to real-time stats reporting.
- Export all of your users to a CSV for easy importing into other applications.
- Create custom themes - Supply your own CSS to customize, or even re-brand the console with color schemes and logos.
- Complete REST API provides access to your backup data for reports and/or integration with our business systems - Use your browser to display API documentation.
- Proxy server support - Support for network environments that require network traffic to route through a proxy server.
- Manage roles and assign permissions - Changes to the Roles and Permission page make it easier to create, assign and edit roles. You can see whether or not a role is assigned and to whom it has been assigned. There are now additional permissions for accessing the REST API and the admin console.
- Control licensing by managing the number of mobile devices accessing PROe - You can now restrict the number of mobile devices users can have to access PROe files.
- By default, the admin console times out after a period of inactivity, so you don't have to worry about unauthorized access if you walk away from the console without first logging out. There is also an option to override this setting at the server level.
- Cloud exclusions allow you to determine which files can be backed up to the cloud and which files can be backed up only to local folders.
- Admin Exclusions, which determine exclusion rules for files on all destinations, has been renamed to Global Exclusions.
- Security updates to address SSL errors.
- Fixed problem that prevented inviting LDAP users. Errors in the Invite User template have also been corrected.
- Fixed rare issue that prevented people from saving a config change in cases where they had an invalid value elsewhere within the admin console.
- When using a balance command, the command will stay open if the balancer cannot complete a move due to size limits (i.e. the archive won't fit). If the move can be completed, the balance command will close.
- Corrected enforcement of license limits.
- Corrected problem in which some reports did not display information for all backup destinations.
- Addressed issue where web restore search did not display file tree properly.
- Corrected issue causing SYSADMIN account name not to properly sync to storage nodes.
- Corrected how Web Restore limits are reported and checked.
- The Adopt a Computer option now appears when you install CrashPlan on a new computer and sign in as an existing user.
- Storage quotas on partners are now being enforced properly.
- Corrected error in which menu bar (Mac) did not display stats properly.
- 64-bit Solaris only - Corrected issue causing incorrect disk space being reported on very large mounts.
- Alerts are now sent based on Last Activity date, not on Completed date, so that backup stats reflect backup activity, which is a better indication of backup status than the date that backup was completed.
Maintenance Update 18.104.22.168
Version 22.214.171.124 is a server-side only maintenance update. There are no PROe Client changes and the PROe Client version remains 3.3. Changes include the following bug fixes and improvements:
- PROe Server is now capable of logging to syslog on relevant systems (off by default).
- Registering with existing user credentials on a new computer (mobile devices excluded) now properly presents the Adoption feature.
- Deactivated mobile devices no longer count against your mobile quota.
- Export All option in all list views now correctly exports all records.
- Export All option in Organization list view now exports child orgs.
- Improved how user destinations are offered to orgs when completing the upgrade process.
- Dramatically improved performance for migrating servers into destinations.
- Addressed issue in which LDAP code might have been causing unintentional timeouts.
- Corrected issue causing admin console timeout setting to be ignored.
- Org query limit no longer prevents moving a user.
- Fixed issued with deadlock when extracting org history.
- Total values for destinations with multiple servers now appear properly in the admin console.
- The Restore count in the dashboard now correctly matches the Restore stats in the corresponding detail screen.
- Corrected problem with Guest Restore from the client when multiple servers were involved.
- Updated custom.sh comments with correct documentation link.
Maintenance Update 126.96.36.199
Version 188.8.131.52 is a server-side only maintenance update. There are no PROe Client changes and the PROe Client version remains 3.3. Changes include the following bug fixes and improvements:
- Changing global Device Defaults' Verify file selection every setting no longer throws exception
- Added color coding to Change Destination sheet to aid in resolving archive conflicts
- Resolved an issue that prevented changing a server's destination when a large number of archive conflicts are identified
- Org, user and device list views always display page 1 when displayed for the first time
- Mac custom installer:
- Now correctly executes custom userInfo.sh when userInfo.sh resides in /Library/Application Support/CrashPlan
- Customizations placed in /Library/Application Support/CrashPlan/.Custom manually are now applied correctly
- Expanding an org with a large number of child orgs now displays all child orgs, with correct pagination
- Email status reports now sent on correct schedule
- Addressed memory leak triggered by accessing the console with older web browsers
- Performance improvements to initial LDAP server configuration
Maintenance Update 184.108.40.206
Version 220.127.116.11 is a server-side only maintenance update. There are no PROe Client changes and the PROe Client version remains 3.3. Changes include the following bug fixes and improvements:
- Users with spaces in username can now authenticate
- Device and Org “Export All” function extracts all entries
- Improvements to:
- Upgrade process in very specific scenarios
- Memory management when using Java 1.7.x
- Sync process
- Real-time stats reporting
- Handling of and logging for specific error conditions