This article outlines Code42's hardware and software lifecycle policy.
Product Lifecycle Policy
Code42 strives to continually innovate and evolve its solutions, providing customers with richer functionality and more robust products. Because of this, certain versions of software or hardware models will reach the end of their life. Our goal is to provide straightforward product lifecycle policies that help customers better design, deploy and manage their IT investments and upgrades.
Software Lifecycle Policy
- Code42 supports the two most current major software versions.
- The end-of-sale and end-of-support dates for existing major software versions coincide with the release of a new major software version.
- Customers with annual licenses (or other licenses with current maintenance contracts) are offered a software upgrade to a current supported version.
- Notifications and reminders to customers regarding end-of-support begin 6 months prior to the end-of-support date.
- Once a major software version reaches end-of-support, access to Code42 Customer Champion support, patches, bug fixes, and maintenance contracts are no longer available. Customers may upgrade their software prior to the end-of-support date in order to continue to receive uninterrupted support.
Hardware Lifecycle Policy
- Hardware is supported for 5 years (60 months) from the purchase date.
- Code42 will not generate quotes for hardware models within 60 days of model end-of-sale date.
- Once a hardware model has reached end-of-support, spares, replacement parts, and maintenance contracts for the hardware are no longer available.
- Maintenance contracts for hardware are not renewable after the end-of-support date.
- Notifications and reminders to customers for end-of-support begin 6 months prior to the end-of-support date.
- Customers may choose to refresh their hardware by the end-of-support date to continue to receive uninterrupted support.
- Maintenance and remote monitoring are included from purchase date to the end of year 1 (12 months beyond purchase date).
- Code42 requires that continuing maintenance and remote monitoring is purchased for years 2-5, unless the appliance is refreshed or replaced prior to the end of year 5 (60 months beyond purchase date).
Updates To This Document
The Product Lifecycle Policy document should not be interpreted as legally binding commitments, but rather as an informational document that may change occasionally as we respond to changing market conditions and to our customers' needs.
This document represents the current view of Code42 as of the date it was posted. Code42 may change or update this policy at any time, without notice. Code42 cannot guarantee that this document will be kept up to date, nor that any typographical errors, inaccuracies or omissions will be corrected. Please check this document periodically to keep informed of any changes.
All online policies and similar documents are for informational purposes only. Code42 makes no warranties, express, implied or statutory, by posting such documents or about the information in such documents.