The articles in this guide provide answers for all of your subscription-related questions.
Browse the articles below for additional topics, tutorials, and reference guides, or search this guide using the search bar to the right. You can view all articles included in this guide by selecting Articles from the menu above.
- Activating Your CrashPlan License Key
- This tutorial explains how to activate your subscription license key. If you've already started backing up with the 30-day free trial or CrashPlan Free, jump down to Already Using CrashPlan?
- Canceling Your CrashPlan For Home Trial Or Free Service
- If you have uninstalled or are no longer planning on using CrashPlan, our Customer Champion team can deactivate your account to cancel your free trial or suspend the free service. Deactivating your account removes your backup archives from all destinations and stops backup status emails from being sent to you.
Note: If you are attempting to cancel a subscription, see Canceling Your CrashPlan Subscription instead.
- Canceling Your CrashPlan Subscription
- You can cancel your subscription online from the CrashPlan web app. You will receive a pro-rated refund for any unused months left on the subscription. This tutorial provides a step-by-step guide for canceling your subscription.
- Changing Your CrashPlan Subscription
- This article describes how to modify or upgrade your CrashPlan for Home subscription. For example, these steps could be used to change from a monthly plan to an annual plan, or to change from an individual subscription to a family subscription. Additional instructions are provided for combining two individual subscriptions, as well as combining two separate accounts into one.
- Changing Your CrashPlan Subscription Renewal Date
- After purchasing a CrashPlan for Home subscription, your subscription will renew on the same day the original was purchased for the type of subscription you have. For example, if you purchased a monthly subscription on January 14
, the subscription will renew on February 14
. This article describes how to change the renewal date if you have already purchased.
- PayPal Purchases
- Although it was once possible to purchase CrashPlan for Home with PayPal, we removed this payment option from our store for the reasons described below. If you need to cancel a subscription previously purchased with PayPal, follow the steps in this tutorial.
- Redeeming A CrashPlan For Home Gift Subscription
- This tutorial explains how to redeem your CrashPlan for Home gift subscription if you are new to CrashPlan. If you are already backing up with a 30-day free trial or CrashPlan Free, follow these instructions to activate your subscription instead.
- Remaining Time On Subscription
- You can view the time remaining on your CrashPlan for Home subscription(s) from:
Accounts tab of the CrashPlan app
Subscriptions section of My Account
- Retrieving CrashPlan For Home Order Receipts
- This article explains your options for viewing and retrieving receipts for CrashPlan for Home and CrashPlan PRO.
- Signing Up For A CrashPlan For Home Subscription
- Many CrashPlan features are completely free, including the ability to back up locally and offsite to your friends. But if you want to get the most from your backup, a subscription to CrashPlan for Home might be for you. With a CrashPlan for Home subscription, you can back up to CrashPlan Central, use the CrashPlan mobile apps, create multiple backup sets, enable continuous versions, and more. See our features comparison of CrashPlan for Home with and without a subscription for a complete list of features.
Whether you are brand new to CrashPlan, coming to the end of a free trial, or an existing user of the free version of CrashPlan for Home, this article provides step-by-step instructions for signing up for a CrashPlan for Home subscription.
- Subscription Renewal Error
- An active CrashPlan for Home subscription is required if you are backing up to CrashPlan Central. This article describes what to expect if a subscription renew fails.
- Turning On Subscription "Auto Renew"
- This tutorial explains how to set your billing preferences to auto renew your subscription.
- Updating Your Billing Information
- You can update your billing information online through your My Account settings. This article describes the process of updating your billing information.
- Upgrade From CrashPlan To CrashPlan PRO
- This article describes how to transition from CrashPlan for Home with a subscription to CrashPlan PRO.
Are CrashPlan's "Unlimited" plans really unlimited? Short answer: yes. However, technical limitation...
Files backed up to CrashPlan Central are covered by our backup retention policy based on the status ...
Be a Backup Hero to your friends and family by giving the gift of a worry-free digital life! CrashPl...
This article explains how different subscription options work and also addresses some frequently ask...
If you purchased a subscription, but cannot sign in to the CrashPlan app, you most likely need to cr...
The best way to decide whether or not you want to use CrashPlan is to give it a try! That's why we o...
This article answers several questions about pricing and data centre locations for CrashPlan custome...
If you are a small business owner, you may wonder if you should use CrashPlan for Home or CrashPlan ...
If you have used another backup service and are interested in seeing what CrashPlan has to offer, pl...
When viewing your My Account page, local folders appear as expired computers. This makes it look lik...
This tutorial explains how to renew an existing 10 GB CrashPlan subscription. As of November 11, 201...