- CrashPlan PRO
- CrashPlan PROe
On some screens with very high resolutions, a known issue can cause the CrashPlan app to display incorrectly. You can work around this issue by changing an operating system display setting for the CrashPlan app: Disable display scaling on high DPI settings.
The CrashPlan app on Windows computers that use very high screen resolutions
- Close the CrashPlan app.
- In your file browser, go to the CrashPlan application folder:
- Installed for everyone: C:\Program Files\CrashPlan
- Installed per user: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\<Local|Roaming>\Programs\CrashPlan
- OS X:
- Installed for everyone: /Applications/CrashPlan.app/
- Installed per user: ~/Applications/CrashPlan.app/
- Linux: /usr/local/crashplan
- Solaris: /opt/sfw/crashplan
- Right-click on the file CrashPlanDesktop.exe.
- Click Properties.
- Click on the Compatibility tab.
- Under Settings, select the option Disable display scaling on high DPI settings.
- Click OK.
- Reopen the CrashPlan app to verify that it displays normally.